Chicken Broccoli Casserole
This low-carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a delicious keto twist on a classic comfort food. Topping the casserole with crushed pork rinds and cheese gives it a nice, crispy finish.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into small florets)
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 ounce pork rinds (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the chicken on a baking sheet along with the broccoli. Toss both the chicken and broccoli in the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and the chicken is cooked all the way through and an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Pull the cooked chicken apart with two forks or chop it up into small chunks (ideally, it is pulled apart and stringy) and put it into a large bowl. Rough chop the broccoli into smaller pieces and add it to the bowl with the chicken. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except for half (1-1/2 cups) of the cheddar cheese and the crushed pork rinds, and mix together thoroughly. Cut into 8 equal pieces and enjoy (or refrigerate for a later meal).
- Pour the casserole mixture into a sprayed/greased casserole pan and top with remaining cheese and pork rinds. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees until bubbly and golden brown on top.