Chicken Parmesan gets a keto makeover with chicken thighs covered in flaxseed meal, pork rinds, and Parmesan cheese.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 ounces pork rinds (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1-2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-carb marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Pound out the chicken thighs into cutlets. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. In a separate bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal, crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Dip the chicken into the egg and cream mixture and then dip it into the breading mixture. Cover the chicken well in the breading and shake off any excess; put the chicken on a plate or piece of foil and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan at medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking, about 2-3 minutes. Fry the chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown all the way around.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the fried chicken on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Top each piece with 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese (use more if desired). Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese starts to get golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (1 Chicken Thigh)
Calories 946 Calories from Fat 702
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.