This homemade keto gravy perfectly complements our Oven-Roasted Turkey Drumsticks. Avoid store-bought gravy from a jar or a pouch because they're often loaded with empty carbs. Our version uses pan drippings, heavy cream, and fresh herbs.
- Innards of a turkey (optional)
- 1/2 cup pan drippings from roasted whole turkey or legs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- Put the innards of the turkey (if using), the pan drippings, chicken stock, and heavy cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about one hour until it reduces by half.
- Blend the gravy with a hand-held immersion blender or in a blender. Return the gravy to the stove and bring it back to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, xanthan gum, and thyme, and whisk until it thickens to the desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve.
Amount Per Serving (0.25 Cup)
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.