This homemade keto gravy perfectly complements our Oven-Roasted Turkey Drumsticks. Avoid store-bought gravy from a jar or a pouch because they're often loaded with empty carbs. Our version uses pan drippings, heavy cream, and fresh herbs.
- Innards of a turkey (optional)
- 1/2 cup pan drippings from roasted whole turkey or legs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- Put the innards of the turkey (if using), the pan drippings, chicken stock, and heavy cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about one hour until it reduces by half.
- Blend the gravy with a hand-held immersion blender or in a blender. Return the gravy to the stove and bring it back to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, xanthan gum, and thyme, and whisk until it thickens to the desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve.