This keto chili recipe is surprisingly close to the ideal keto macronutrient range and gets a satiating and savory dose of fat from ground beef and Italian sausage.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean/20% fat)
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1-2 cups water
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 ripe avocados (diced)
- Green onions (sliced (optional garnish))
- Cilantro (chopped (optional garnish))
- Jalapeños (diced (optional garnish))
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil at medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper, and stir for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef and ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Stir continuously until meat is browned.
- Add all the spices, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir together until thoroughly combined. Add 1-2 cups of water depending on desired thickness.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check seasoning.
- Top each bowl with half of a chopped avocado and serve.
- Garnish with Keto Crisps, cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, or jalapeños, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (1 Cup)
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34g 52%
Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 17g 34%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.