Fish is a nutritious option on the ketogenic diet. You'll love the crispy Parmesan and butter crust outside the flaky tender fish filet.
- 1-2 pounds halibut (about 6 filets)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together all ingredients except for the halibut (this can be done by hand or in a mixer).
- Pat halibut dry with a paper towel and lay each piece onto a sprayed/greased baking sheet. Divide the Parmesan butter into the number of pieces of fish that you have and flatten it out so that it covers the top of the fish.
- Cook the fish for 10-12 minutes (rotate the pan halfway through). It should be almost done. Turn the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until the top is golden brown. The fish should be flaky when tested with a fork.
Amount Per Serving (6 oz)
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30g 46%
Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Protein 13g 26%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.