Stuffed with a creamy and cheesy sausage mixture, these low-carb stuffed mushrooms will be a hit as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
- 1 pound button mushrooms (about 20-24)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (sweet or spicy)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated (plus more for garnish))
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut off mushroom stems and finely chop. In a large bowl, toss mushroom caps with olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper, then line them on a lightly sprayed/greased sheet pan (cavity side up).
- Melt butter in a skillet at medium heat and add chopped mushroom stems and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until browned and broken up (about 5 minutes). Drain and discard excess grease. In a bowl, mix sausage with Parmesan, cream cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with sausage mixture and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are soft and tender. Garnish each stuffed mushroom with extra Parmesan cheese.