Thai Shrimp Curry
Love Asian food? Look no further than this delicious and fragrant Thai Shrimp Curry.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ onion (cut into 6 chunks)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 carrot (halved and sliced into half-moon shapes)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Juice from half a lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pinch of Kosher salt (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot at medium-high heat. Add the onion, break it up a bit with a spoon and cook until soft (about 5 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and stir together for about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Stir together, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Lightly simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, carrots, and broccoli. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. As it starts to boil, add the shrimp and reduce heat back to low. Stir together and continue cooking until the shrimp turns pink and the vegetables are tender (about 3 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Add the lime juice and cilantro. Adjust the seasoning if necessary with a pinch of salt, more lime juice, or more curry paste/powder for additional heat.