Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie
This turkey pot pie recipe is the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving turkey leftovers.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced small)
- 2 sticks celery (diced small)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup peas (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella or white cheddar (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot or large skillet, melt the butter at medium-high heat and add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the heavy cream, stir, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add half of the cream cheese (1/4 cup) and Parmesan cheese and stir until fully incorporated and melted. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Add salt and pepper as needed. Pour the mixture into a sprayed/greased casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the shredded cheese and remaining cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture and microwave for 1 more minute until melted, but not piping hot.
- Mix the egg into the cheese mixture, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix together until a dough forms. Roll the dough out to flatten it, then place it over the filling mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cooked all the way through. Note: Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the oven.
*Can substitute with ½ cup almond flour and ¼ cup ground flaxseeds to increase healthy omega-3 fats and reduce protein ratio.